Sunday 10 January 2016

ALL LIFE AND NO CHRIST ( Part 7)

ALL LIFE AND NO CHRIST ( Part 7)

"My dear, the only thing that matters in a marriage is love. You love me and I love you. Isn't that good enough reason for you to know we were made for each other? Cheer up, we're getting married soon. We should be concerned with the wedding preparations right now and not allow the enemies steal our joy from us."
Gabriel said all of that in a way that I couldn't help but think he was correct, so I decided to shun all voices saying otherwise and pushed on until we were married. 

Preparations for the wedding went as planned and on time. We got the best of everything, from the wedding cake to clothing, to refreshments, venue, and so on. Money, truly, answers all things. I remember that everyone who came for the wedding, went back with an expensive pack. Little did I know that I was signing up for a nightmare. 

Then we moved to our home. It was a mansion, extremely big and beautiful. There was nothing we wanted that we didn't get. The house was peaceful and fun, except for the fact that Gabriel was a more anti-Jesus person than I was. He didn't want to hear the Name at all, let alone move near the church. We never prayed or sang any gospel song in that house. However, anytime I began to worry about such, I would conclude that 'what do we need Jesus for anyway? We already have the things that people are asking Jesus for, so what's the point?'

Then I remembered Paul, shook my head, laughed and thought, 'even Jesus can't take this one from us, we're fulfilled'."

Immediately I made that statement, almost everyone in the hall made an exclamation. 

The marriage continued to blossom for another 10 years. We already had 3 kids, smart and bright, the best in their respective classes and extremely good looking. I remained a housewife, went no where and had no job, except when I went to pick the kids from school and back home. I watched movies from sunrise until sunset, and I had a lot of male and female servants, and 2 teachers for the kids, to help them out with their assignments, but one thing I never allowed was for someone else to go pick my kids from school. I always went to pick them from school myself. 

Gabriel was always away during the weekdays and then would be home for the weekend. He said he was always busy with work, which required that he did a lot of travelling. However, when he got back from those journeys, he always came back with a lot of money. I remember asking him how he makes all the money. He said he received his pay on a weekly basis. 

...and things continued to go on smoothly like that for another 2 years...

...and then it all began...it was the beginning of the end, it was time to harvest all the bad seeds I had sown - seeds of rejecting Jesus, rejecting counsel, rejecting education, rejecting discipline, all the wrong words I had said against Jesus or the Holy Spirit......

...Someone said the devil will give you 5 naira and ask for 5 billion naira in return. I didn't believe it until it all started. The devil came knocking and Jesus was silent. 

ALL LIFE AND NO CHRIST continues in Part 8


No comments:

Post a Comment