Friday 1 January 2016

ALL LIFE AND NO CHRIST (Part 1)

ALL LIFE AND NO CHRIST (Part 1)

One bright Monday morning, at about 10am, I sat in my office and quickly said a short prayer, as was my routine. It was the first day of a new session, the students were just resuming, coming in their cars, one after the other and the scanty school environment gradually began to get crowded with people.

I am a Senior lecturer at Prestige University and because it was the first day  of resumption, there wasn't always lectures due to the scanty population of the students until the following week but I decided to come to the office because I wanted to put some things in order and have some personal time with the Holy Spirit before the stress of lectures began.

Just as I sat in my office that morning, some few minutes past 10a.m., some students came to my office, about 3 of them. When they came in and introduced themselves, they were the executives of the joint fellowship on campus. 
'Good morning ma', they all chorused,
'Good morning, how are you all doing?', I responded.
'We are the representatives of the executives of the Joint Christian Campus Fellowship (JCCF). We are putting together a programme for the youths on campus and we would love to learn from your wealth of experience. Would you please be opportuned  to grace the programme so that God blesses us through you?", the president quickly stated the reason for their visit. 

There was no way I would deny such an invitation to speak to the youths about a life with Christ considering where I was coming from and what my past looked like. Even if I was to be engaged on the proposed date, I would cancel or postpone it. So ofcourse, I agreed to be there to minister to the youths and be ministered to.

The day came when the programme was to be held. A lot of announcement and publicity had been done all through the campus, so the 5,000 capacity auditorium the JCCF used was almost filled with students from within and outside the campus. I sat at the front row as the guest minister and up until it was time for me to go up for the ministration, I was sitted all through, praying in the Spirit and talking to God that He would use me to touch the lives of the youths in that auditorium. 

Then the time came. I was invited to go up. I took the microphone from the president of the fellowship after he did a little introduction. I looked at the crowd and immediately felt a cold chill from my hands through my whole body down to my feet. I had never addressed such crowd in my life. I said a short prayer within me that the Holy Spirit would take control and then I began.

"Good evening to you all, ladies and gentlemen. I want to appreciate God for a privilege to minister to you all on this great platform. To Him be all the glory. Secondly, I want to appreciate the leadership of this great fellowship for putting this massive programme together so that lives will be blessed. God bless you all. My prayer for you is that the anointing of God upon your life will never run dry and you won't disappoint God in Jesus name. Amen.", I started. 

I was already beginning to feel comfortable now. And inside of me, I was thanking the Holy Spirit. Then I continued,
"As we continue, let's worship God together."
We sang some few worship songs and yeah, I felt the presence of God mightily in our midst. After the worship session, it was time. So I went straight to the business of the day. 

"I have been asked to come speak on the topic, 'All life and no Christ', and there's no better way to do that than to share my story with you. It's my prayer that the Holy Spirit will breathe upon His Word as I speak. Amen. So, here is my story" 

What's the story? 

"All life and no Christ" continues in Part 2

Sit back and patiently follow the story. I pray that you're also blessed and you read. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment