Wednesday 23 December 2015

HEAR MY STORY..Part 15

HEAR MY STORY..Part 15

I was no longer active as I used to be in church. Soon, people began to suspect something was going on. Some came to ask me why I was living with the pastor’s family. Some would ask why I was no longer acting as the choir mistress. Others asked why I was putting on weight, while many others did not come to me, they would rather backbite or gossip. 

With time, my tummy was protruding. Hun!..Come and see sidetalk in church, even during service!! Thank God for Pastor Mrs, she had prepared me before everything started. Sometimes when I was so bothered and moved by what anybody did or said, I would tell her when we get home, she would encourage me and I would get over it immediately. I was discussing with her from time to time, without hiding anything. Many times, she would pray with me. She was the angel God sent to me at a time I really needed one. Then, one bright saturday morning, my mum called me,telling me that she and my dad were in Oyan, that I should describe where I was, as they wanted to see me. She said they’ve been at Ikirun (close to Oyan) since friday, to attend a programme. So, they decided to check on me before going back to Lagos that day.

Pastor Williams travelled, while mummy went to market to buy some groceries for the house. I quickly called her and told her that my parents were in Oyan, and were on the way to their house. She rushed back from the market. By the time she would enterd living room, my parents were already seated, enjoying the cool breeze blowing from the fan my dad told me to swicth on. They exchanged greetings. My parents appreciated her and her husband, and told us that he had forgiven me and that he was ready to meet Bode and his family. He asked about his parents. We told him he lost his dad of recent. He said he would like to go to their house to meet his mum. 

As much as I appreciated the fact that my dad had forgiven me, yet I didn't want him to visit Bode’s family house, as I didn't know how he would feel, seeing the old, poverty-stricken building they were living. I was left with no choice anyway, so we went there together with Pst Mrs. Bode wasn't around, he was in school. His mum was in the market, facing her business. She had come to greet me once at my pastor’s house. 

Somebody quickly ran to d market to call her, that some visitors from Lagos were waiting for her at home. She rushed home to meet us. My parents were just looking up and down the whole street and compound. They exchanged greetings, after which we went into the sitting room. Pst Mrs introduced them to each other. My dad asked about Bode and wanted to know when he would be around. His mum said she wasn't sure of when he would come home as he left not too long ago. Daddy said his mum should tell him to come and meet him in Lagos, as there’s something he wanted to discuss with him. He gave her money to send to him for transportation, gave her and her daughters money too.

We returned to pastor’s house, they ate, and left. Now, I could go to Lagos because the school was on long vacation, but I didn't want to go because of what I would encounter in the hands of Lagos people too, church people, neighbours,  family and friends. So, I told dad and mum I would prefer to stay in Oyan till schools resume in september, and they agreed.

Let’s see what happened next in part 16.

Hope you are not tired of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment