Tuesday 22 December 2015

HEAR MY STORY..Part 12

HEAR MY STORY..Part 12

I sent a message to Bode immediately Mrs Williams left my room, informing him about the pregnancy. I expected his reply throughout the night, but he didn't. The next day was sunday. I didn't feel like going to church. I was too ashamed to see anybody’s face, though no one knew about it yet, besides The Williams. I imagined what would happen when the news went viral among church members that I was carrying Bode’s baby, having denied that I was in a relationship with him earlier. 

Oh my God! How did I find myself in this mess? Then I thought of my dad. Eeeeh! My dad! He trusted me so much. I was his pride, his angel, the apple of his eyes. How would he take it? I have disappointed him and my two elder sisters. None of them had a child before marriage, even Sis. Tiwa was still trusting God for the fruit of the womb then, its only SisTemi that had a baby girl, expecting the second one. Oh!..I’ve disappointed many people. 

And Bode’s mum? Wouldn't she think I lured her son to sleep with me? Won't she see me as a cheap girl? As I thought of these things, tears was flowing freely from my eyes. Mrs Williams came to tell me to get dressed for service. I told her I wasn't feeling like going to church. She said,
“okay, it's fine. Just make sure you seek the face of God for forgiveness, mercy and the way out.”
I said thank you ma.
They left. I switched off my phone. Then I started thinking again and again, weeping and asking God for forgiveness. I also prayed for His mercy and way out, as Mrs Williams told me.

After the prayer, I switched on my phone, and almost immediately, Bode’s message came in. I read the message which went like this..
”I was devastated by your message. I think the only solution is abortion. I thought about it through out the night and that, I think, is the only way out. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you.”
I threw the phone on the bed and said to myself, “how I wish it was that easy.”
As a matter of fact, maybe I would have agreed with him, if this woman was not involved, but now, I just have to bear the consequences: the shame, reproach, rejection and anything that comes from it. I threw myself on the bed, covered my mouth with a pillow and screamed into it. JESUS! JESUS!!..Please have mercy on me, this is too much for me.

While doing this, I heard the Pastor’s car moving into the compound. I quickly got up, wiped my face and pretended to be fine. Soon, Pastor Mrs was in the room.
“How was your day my dear”.
“I was praying ma",
"And weeping at the same time”, She said, smiling.
I didn't answer. I showed her Bode’s message. She read it and said, “I knew it. I knew that would be his option.” Then she sat beside me on the bed, hugged me and said, 
“Listen my darling, there’s nothing new under heaven. Many people have gone through this route before, and many will still go through it. I’m sure if not for divine intervention, you could have considered abortion as Bode suggested. But sometimes we offend God while trying not to offend man. Don't use sin to cover sin. God is the Ultimate. Once He has forgiven you, it doesn't matter if anybody doesn't. Now, I will tell you the story of my own life.”

What did she say?

We’ll know in the next part.

No comments:

Post a Comment