Tuesday 26 April 2016

THE HEIGHT OF LOVE


Jn.15:13, 2 Sam.14:14.

*a deep sigh*...
Yeah, I had to do that. Let me share with you why.

You know, I have always heard that God is love (1 Jn. 4:8). And that He loved us so much that He sent His only Son to die for our sins so as to redeem us from the curse of the law (Gal. 3:13) and make us Kings and priests unto Him (Rev. 1:5-6). Mysterious, you think?

I have heard more than that even to the fact I am now a child of God, heir according to the Abrahamic promise (Gal. 3:29), now a citizen of Heaven (Phil. 3:20), and now partakers of the Commonwealth of Israel (Eph. 2:11-13). You think that's a mystery?

How about the fact that you now bear His name (2 Chro. 7:14) - so my name can as well be OLUMADE ZOE TESTIMONY GOD. Yeah, the 'God' isn't there because I am claiming to be God. Far from it. Never will that be. It's rather there because that's my spiritual Surname. I've been baptized into Him (Rom. 6:3), and I bear His marks and seal on my body and in my spirit (Eph. 1:13-14, Gal. 6:17). A deeper mystery?

Then I saw this...
It's in 2 Samuel 14:14.
...
When a man commits a sin, God chastises. He disciplines with love. In doing that, the individual may be banished from His presence. This is not the worst that can happen to any man. To be expelled is. When a man is expelled, there is no hope of return. This is where the devil and his demons stand.

However, the height of love is this, that after He banishes a man, He still goes ahead to put measures in place that such individual isn't expelled. Never seen love so awesome and overwhelming. He's the best Father ever. He really wants absolutely no one to perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Pet. 3:9). He's always ready to forgive with open arms no matter how grave the sins are (Isa. 1:18).

No man is totally expelled. Some may be banished. Just in case you are banished. You do not hear His voice anymore. You don't see Him like you used to anymore. You don't receive revelations in the Scriptures like you used to. You know beyond doubt that there's been a gulf between you and God. This is a measure by God to make sure that you are not expelled.

The solution is a prayer of repentance. And I can assure you that without doubt, you will be welcomed back into the family of God.

Only Banished! Not Expelled! Hope exists for All!
The Height of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment